Sausage & Sauerkraut Skillet
Vegan and Vegetarian Skip the sausage and use cooked lentils instead. No Swiss Chard Use kale or spinach instead. Calories 271, Cholesterol 85mg, Fat 14g, Sodium 1612mg, Carbs 28g, Vitamin A 2251IU, Fiber 5g, Vitamin C 36mg, Sugar 15g, Calcium 107mg, Protein 12g, Iron 5mg
- 10 ozs Organic Chicken Sausage
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 Apple (peeled, cored and diced)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 4 cups Swiss Chard (washed, stems
- removed and chopped)
- 2 cups Sauerkraut (liquid drained off)
- Step 1 1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add sausage and bake
- Step 2 for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and cut into 1/4″ pieces.
- Step 3 2. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add yellow onion and apple. Saute
- Step 4 just until onion is translucent (about 5 minutes). Add garlic and saute for another minute.
- Step 5 3. Add swiss chard and continue to saute just until it is wilted. Reduce heat to low and add
- Step 6 in chopped sausage and sauerkraut and saute for another minute or until heated