Paleo Sweet Potato Porridge
Other Toppings Dried fruit, nut butter, chia seeds, hemp seeds or fresh fruit. Leftovers Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 to 4 days. Calories 273, Cholesterol 0mg, Fat 20g, Sodium 46mg, Carbs 23g, Vitamin A 9244IU, Fiber 7g, Vitamin C 18mg, Sugar 6g, Calcium 48mg, Protein 3g, Iron 2mg
- 1 1/2 Sweet Potato
- 3/4 cup Organic Coconut Milk (canned)
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cups Raspberries
- 1 1/2 tbsps Coconut Oil
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsps Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Step 1 1. Peel and shred the sweet potato using a hand grater or the shredding attachment on your food processor.
- Step 2 2. Place shredded sweet potato in a medium sized saucepan, add the coconut milk and water.
- Step 3 3. Cover and cook the sweet potato in the liquid over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes, stirring every couple minutes to prevent the bottom from burning. It will seem dry at first, but as it steams, the sweet potato will soften and release liquid. After about 15 minutes, your sweet potato should be a very soft, porridge-like texture.
- Step 4 4. Divide the sweet potato porridge between bowls and top with berries, coconut oil, cinnamon, and shredded coconut. Enjoy!