Cream of Broccoli, Kale & Spinach Soup
March 29, 2018
: 30 min
Calories 279, Cholesterol 0mg, Fat 22g, Sodium 410mg, Carbs 18g, Vitamin A 5464IU, Fiber 7g, Vitamin C 79mg, Sugar 4g, Calcium 112mg, Protein 6g, Iron 3mg
- 1 cup Kale Leaves (chopped)
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 1/2 cups Broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1/4 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 1/2 tsps Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to
- 1 cup Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 Avocado (sliced)
- Step 1 1. Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until golden
- Step 2 (about 5 minutes). Add garlic and stir for another minute.
- Step 3 2. Add vegetable broth to the pot. Stir until producing a light steam. Add the broccoli florets
- Step 4 in with the mixture and let steam for 5 minutes or until broccoli is bright green.
- Step 5 3. Add cumin and nutmeg. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 6 4. Add coconut milk and stir well.
- Step 7 5. Add spinach and kale. Stir just until the greens are wilted and remove from heat.
- Step 8 6. In your food processor or magic bullet, blend the soup until smooth. If you are using a
- Step 9 blender, ensure to remove the middle piece of the lid to allow steam to escape.
- Step 10 7. Transfer blended mixture back into a large pot. Warm to desired temperature.
- Step 11 8. Ladle into bowls. Drizzle with a splash of olive oil, lemon juice and garnish with avocado
- Step 12 slices.