Sausage & Sauerkraut Skillet
Vegan and Vegetarian Skip the sausage and use cooked lentils instead. No Swiss Chard Use kale or spinach instead. Calories 271, Cholesterol 85mg, Fat 14g, Sodium 1612mg, Carbs 28g, Vitamin A 2251IU, Fiber 5g, Vitamin C 36mg, Sugar 15g, Calcium 107mg, Protein 12g, Iron 5mg
- 10 ozs Organic Chicken Sausage
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 Apple (peeled, cored and diced)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 4 cups Swiss Chard (washed, stems
- removed and chopped)
- 2 cups Sauerkraut (liquid drained off)
- Step 1 1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add sausage and bake
- Step 2 for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and cut into 1/4″ pieces.
- Step 3 2. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add yellow onion and apple. Saute
- Step 4 just until onion is translucent (about 5 minutes). Add garlic and saute for another minute.
- Step 5 3. Add swiss chard and continue to saute just until it is wilted. Reduce heat to low and add
- Step 6 in chopped sausage and sauerkraut and saute for another minute or until heated
Gut Healing Green Smoothie
No Kale Use spinach instead. No Honey Use maple syrup, dates or extra banana to sweeten instead. Like it Creamy? Use almond milk instead of water for extra creaminess. Storage Make ahead and store in a sealed mason jar. Shake well before drinking. Keeps well in the fridge for 1 - 2 days. Calories 404, Cholesterol 0mg, Fat 22g, Sodium 67mg, Carbs 47g , Vitamin A 6690IU, Fiber 11g, Vitamin C 19mg, Sugar 24g, Calcium 177mg, Protein 12g, Iron
- 1 1/4 cups Water (cold)
- 1 cup Kale Leaves
- 1/4 Avocado (peeled and pit
- 1/2 Banana (frozen)
- 1 1/2 tsps Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax Seed
- 2 tbsps Hemp Seeds
- 1 tbsp Raw Honey
- Step 1 Place all ingredients into an electric mixer and blend until very smooth and creamy. Divide into
- Step 2 glasses and enjoy!
Paleo Sweet Potato Porridge
Other Toppings Dried fruit, nut butter, chia seeds, hemp seeds or fresh fruit. Leftovers Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 to 4 days. Calories 273, Cholesterol 0mg, Fat 20g, Sodium 46mg, Carbs 23g, Vitamin A 9244IU, Fiber 7g, Vitamin C 18mg, Sugar 6g, Calcium 48mg, Protein 3g, Iron 2mg
- 1 1/2 Sweet Potato
- 3/4 cup Organic Coconut Milk (canned)
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cups Raspberries
- 1 1/2 tbsps Coconut Oil
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsps Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Step 1 1. Peel and shred the sweet potato using a hand grater or the shredding attachment on
- Step 2 your food processor.
- Step 3 2. Place shredded sweet potato in a medium sized saucepan, add the coconut milk and
- Step 4 water.
- Step 5 3. Cover and cook the sweet potato in the liquid over medium-high heat for about 15
- Step 6 minutes, stirring every couple minutes to prevent the bottom from burning. It will seem
- Step 7 dry at first, but as it steams, the sweet potato will soften and release liquid. After about
- Step 8 15 minutes, your sweet potato should be a very soft, porridge-like texture.
- Step 9 4. Divide the sweet potato porridge between bowls and top with berries, coconut oil,
- Step 10 cinnamon, and shredded coconut. Enjoy!
Eggs, omelets, pancakes, breakfast casseroles, and more.
Trying to go sugar free? These recipes will make it easy!
Perfect for anyone on a ketogenic, paleo, or low glycemic index diet.